Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Text Project


     Brainstorming for the text project I came up with many ideas. First I wrote down five names, "Mimi, Grayson, Carmen, Jen, and Molly." From there I wrote down words that make me think of them. After thinking for a long time I decided that i wanted to keep the project anonymous. So it would still be about someone but only I would know. I began to write long, handwritten, cursive letters. But instead of writing to who it was to it was just, "Dear ___," There ended up being 20 letters. Three of which were typed in different fonts. Mostly because we had to have different fonts and sizes. All the letters were different and each one leading into the next. It was a story. A Letter Love Story. For the twenty first card I wrote in a black card "Dear ___," but instead of the blank I wrote the person's name. Then I taped it, put it in a while envelope, taped that, then put that into another white envelope, then on that envelope I waxed it. In the olden days they used to do that and since we had to include one body part I put an imprint of an eye on the wax. Which I cut out of an eraser type material. After all the letters were written I hung up a white string beween two chairs then wrapped a red string around it (to add more color). Taking wooden clothes pins I put them on the long and glued them to the cards so that they would hang down without falling. If you read them in order they tell a story. Letters from me to ___.



No comments:

Post a Comment