Sunday, January 20, 2013

Melted Crayon Art

     This project was started with a link that I found: http://www.stilettosandboots.com/melted-crayon-art/ The piece that I made was similar to it except on a canvas and it had a different color scheme. I never melted Crayons before until this project so I was also working with some new materials. The girl with the umbrella is the girl on the Morton Salt containers. 

     I took this picture and placed it into photoshop to get rid of the rain and the salt to just have the figure then I printed it out and painted it black so it was only a silhouette of her. 
     The art teacher showed me how to put the canvas on the frame and staple it down. After that was finished I hot glue gunned the Crayons onto the canvas and in the bottom left hand corner put tape on it so crayon could not get on the part that I would place the girl. I melted the crayons with a heat gun (that is usually used to take off wall paper) and mostly let the crayon move to their own place. The final product turned out well although if I were to do this again I would not have used canvas because the crayon seeped through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment