Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Earliest Marks

     Including Beaver I have only been to two schools in my life. In my old school, Thacher Montessori, art was very important. Every since I started their (Kindergatten) the students were making art. We didn't have an art class in Kindergarten but we would have these "free" periods where we could do anything we wanted in the class. They had little play easels that were set up and finger paint in jars. So my first art experience was finger painting. When my dad gave me my first sketch book I remember drawing something with my sister. She went to college for art so is a great artist. Of course my little scribbles were nothing compared to her drawings but it was still fun to be creating art with her. She would draw something then I would attempt to color it in. Or she would draw something and I would add something onto her drawing then she would add something onto mine. In Thacher when we started first grade that is when we started taking art classes with Ms. Mills. We did all kinds of art with her: Clay modeling, painting, drawing, glass cutting, wood working, and mostly any kind of art. It was fun to work with different materials everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment