Friday, September 10, 2010

Picasso Quote

“All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.”

-Pablo Picasso

Picasso’s quote reminds me of a Robert Frost Poem that I read “Nothing Gold Can Stay”

“Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.”

    These quotes and poems say to me that when you are young you have so much imagination and creativity, nothing can stop you. Kids can think up something that no one else can and your creativity can change you. But as you get older you change and all that creativity and imagination slips away. Your best time of life is behind you and nothing could make things change such as your own creativity. Your creativity couldn’t change you as it could when you were a child. It seems that there is no use for art and imagination any more.
   
    I learned about how creativity could change your life when I took a class in my old school. It was about entrepreneurs and how to become one. What we learned that most of the famous entrepreneurs had all their wonderful ideas as children my age. They had creativity and made use of it.
    What I think though is that you can use art, creativity, and imagination as you get older as well. You just need to find a way how art can help you in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment