Sunday, February 13, 2011

Initial Reflection

    During art class this year I have learned so much. Art class always takes the daily stress away from school and it has been really fun just being able to be 'free' in this class. The past two terms I have learned many important rules about art and some things about myself. I can do more than just draw and I like feedback on my work. In my old school we never really had much class time to draw or do something for our selves that we can keep, except with clay. So if I drew a picture out of class and showed my art teacher she wouldn't really seem to care, she mostly wanted us to do crafts for the school store. Which really got boring after a while!
    Some of the more difficult things that we have had to do in class, I think, would be the group projects. It is hard to decide on one thing and agree on it, especially with a larger group. Once we do decide on something it gets easier from there. 
    What I can 'take home' from art class is the knowledge. This sound kind of cheesy but I really can, I have learned a lot this year and I can't look at art the same way as I did before. Art has been really great and I'm sad to see it end!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that much of what we did had an impact on you. Those group projects are tough! You handled it very well though. Learning to want and to use feedback is a great thing. How can you see this new skill helping you in other aspects of your life...outside the art studio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well whenever I got to the MFA or to another art museum, I can't look at art the same way. There are things that I need to think about now like: What does the artist want me to see? Or, how does the lighting affect this person?

    ReplyDelete